Consultant at Fashionworks
Creative Industry Business Support – Specialist Consultant
Reference 001: Inspiring Enterprise & Growth/ERDF/FW Contract
Name of Organization: Fashionworks Enterprise Partnership (Fashionworks)
Nature of Contract: Creative Industry Business Support – Specialist Consultancy
Regulation of Procurement: EU
Selection Criteria: Most economic and experienced
Anticipated Contract Amount: £160,000 exclusive of VAT
Duration of Contract: June 2021 to December 2021
Deadline Date for Submission of Quote: 5pm, 27th May 2021
Anticipated Start of Contract: June 2021
Contact, Business Name and Address: Doreen Adusei, Fashionworks, 436 Kingsland Roads, London E8 4AA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fashionworks Enterprise Partnership (Fashionworks) is looking to hire industry expert to provide specialist businesses start up and pre-start entrepreneurs support to SMEs within the creative and related subsectors industries (i.e., fashion, related products, crafts, lifestyle, manufacturing, and supply chain services etc.)
1. Inspiring Enterprise and Growth (ERDF) Project:
The Inspiring Enterprise and Growth Project is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) is aimed at supporting potential fashion and related creative entrepreneurs and fledgling small and medium enterprises or social enterprises in London to become more enterprising and grow their businesses.
2. Description of Contract:
i. Contract Outline: Provision of specialist businesses start up and pre start entrepreneur support to SME’s within the creative and related subsectors/ industries (i.e. fashion, related products, crafts, lifestyle, manufacturing and supply chain services etc)
ii. Type of Contract and Place of Delivery: In company and outreach delivery across London
iii. Short Description of the Contract: Specialists support in the design and delivery of sector specific critical path from design to market CPD Templates and assistances in directing this to businesses, coaching and mentoring to individuals thinking of starting business, or establish SME’s already started in business and/or social enterprises within the creative and related industries through the IE & G ERDF Project. Number of business to be supported under the IE & G Programme is 80 prestart (80%) and already started businesses (20%), with each company expected to receive between 12 plus hours of tailored 1-to-1 and grouped support.
iv. Project Design and Delivery: The Creative Industry Business Support – Specialist Consultant will be required to support the development of business support outlines/ideas, project marketing and recruitment, design of specialists/sector focused activities as directed by the needs of each pre start/business (allocated), through to supporting the smooth delivery and collation of documentations as required by the project’s ERDF funding guidelines.
v. Post Delivery Support: In addition, the specialist contracted will be required to support the project’s outcome and output collation, through maintaining on-going mentoring and contact through tracking of the project’s SMEs/beneficiaries and their development throughout out the project’s tracking period of up to 12 months after completion of delivery.
vi. IE & G Project Outline ): The Inspiring Enterprise and Growth project aims to equip 80 potential entrepreneurs and (80% progress to start) 20 fledgling SME/social enterprises (up to 3.5years in existence) in London with skills and competences to become more enterprising, start up new businesses/social enterprises and grow to ensure their sustainability. It will target mainly under-represented groups (e.g. BAME women, people with disability or health conditions) in geographically disadvantaged parts of London. The project aims to remove barriers into beneficiaries starting and growing creative businesses and social enterprises, to targeted support to develop their products and services within the creative and related sectors (i.e…Fashion, Related Products, Manufacturing, Wholesaling to Craft cultural and relate service business) in London. Through working with industry/sector specialists, B2B networking and collaborations to business improvement, ‘Meet the Expert’ and Business/Market Intelligence & Growth workshops, this new Programme will support businesses in entering within emerging markets.
vii. The Eligible Businesses on the IE & G Project: None and/or Registered businesses or sole traders. Established from 0 to 3 & ½ years and operating in London
3. Project Overview & Summary of Contract & Outputs covering:
• Promotion and Recruitment
• Diagnostic Assessment of Need
• Design of CPD Critical Path and Process from Product to Market Templates
• Product/Service Positioning and Targeting:
• Pre-Sales Preparation and Marketing and Showcasing:
• Product and Business Branding:
• Regional and National text marketing /Showcasing:
• Cross-Market Collaboration and Showcasing
• Initiatives for new market entry Joint Ventures, new sales directions , i.e. retailing and Wholesaling
• Initiatives for Innovative Marketing
• Creative Thinking and Business Adaptability directions
• Product /Service development, realization to Innovation:
• Market Intelligence to Sustainable Development
• Networking for Growth
• Referral of beneficiaries to project partners and other projects
• Project Exit and Tracking Aftercare
• Beneficiary documentation, coordination of delivery / quality control checking for submission to the IE & G project Lead, the LTEN and funders
4. Follow all the IE & G funding Protocol and Guidance for delivery on the Project
5. Flexibility in meeting the changing needs of the project and beneficiaries
6. Project Outputs required: 80 SME/micro Businesses will be supported through the project’s life time to start new and already started business to grow their current markets/business positioning.
7. Duration of the Contract or Time-Limit for Completion: From June 2021 to December 2021
• Conditions Relating to the Contract: For Payee (Self employed specialists or registered businesses)
• Experiences Required: Specialist should have minimum of 5 years experience in designing business-led support programmes to delivering and supporting the delivery of new start ups and SME’s within the creative and related sectors.
• References: Must be able to give 2 referees of businesses within these sectors
• Criteria for Award: The most economically advantageous response, and in line with the specialist criteria stated in the specifications above
8. Expression of Interest Reponses: An electronic response will be required. Reponses to be sent to: email@example.com
If you have any specific questions not answered in this brief or in the information contained on the LTEN website (www.lten.org.uk) or Fashionworks Instagram marketing, please email Doreen Adusei (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interested parties are requested to respond to this call, submitting their proposal before 5pm, 27th May 2021. Please email your proposal to: email@example.com
Tender Published: 11th May2021
Tender Deadline: 5pm, 27th May 2021
Supplier Appointed: June 2021
“For the avoidance of doubt, Fashionworks and partners do not bind itself to accept an offer in its entirety, arising out of this Procurement exercise; and reserves the right to withhold the award of contract indefinitely.
The information provided in this document, as part of the Procurement exercise, is supplied in good faith. However, you must satisfy yourself as to the accuracy of such information and no responsibility is accepted for any financial loss or damage of whatever kind or howsoever caused, arising from the use of such information, unless such information has been supplied fraudulently by Fashionworks; and All information supplied in connection with this invitation shall be regarded as confidential and by submitting an offer you agree to be bound by the obligation to preserve the confidentiality of all such information.“